Let’s face it—life hasn’t been easy lately. Which has led some of us to hit the reset button by taking a break from alcohol, while others are embracing any opportunity to make any hour happy. Whether you’re sober-curious or looking for new Zoom cocktail party ideas, these Miraflora Infusions mocktails or cocktails will help you relax at the end of the day. Cheers to you!
Holidays at the Beach
Transport yourself to that tropical vacation you’ve been craving all year. We all deserve to go somewhere (without going anywhere) right now. Here is your gateway to a relaxing holiday beach retreat in the lush tropics, with some warming elements to make you almost feel the sun on your face and your toes in the sand.
1 whole vanilla bean
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
1/3 c. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 tbsp. ground cardamom
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt to taste
1 c. agave nectar
1 c. water
4 oz or ½ can Miraflora Infusions Blood Orange
4 oz or ½ can Miraflora Infusions Peach Ginger
1.5 oz of your favorite tequila blanco, mezcal, dry white rum, gin or vodka
Optional garnish: Watermelon radish
- To make syrup, prepare your vanilla bean by slicing into the bean vertically all the way and scrape out the center, which is what will be added to the syrup. Add vanilla bean, pineapple cubes, lime juice, cardamom, Himalayan pink salt, agave nectar, and water to a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, boiling for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Strain out the spiced stewed pineapple remains, reserving the syrup. You can save the pineapples for later as a tasty snack over ice cream! Store syrup in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To mix the cocktail, fill glass with ice. Add 3 oz. of syrup and 4.2 oz. (1/2 can) of Miraflora Infusions Tuscan Blood Orange plus 4.2 oz. (1/2 can) Miraflora Infusions Ginger Peach. If you’re adding spirits, add 1.5 oz. now or make it a mocktail! Gently stir. Garnish with thinly sliced watermelon radishes for another pop of color, if desired.
Snow Day at Home
Take yourself to a snowy cabin in the woods…even if it’s only in your mind. Sip and unwind as you imagine a fire is crackling and you’re covered in blankets. The cozy factor will remind you of the taste and smell of homemade gingerbread and leave you feeling warm and relaxed.
1 c. water
1 c. grated fresh ginger
1 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. molasses
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt to tastePinch of ground clove to taste
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1.5 oz of your favorite bourbon, rye Whiskey or rum
Optional garnish: Whipped cream, cacao or chocolate shavings
- To make the syrup, add water, ginger, maple syrup, molasses, Himalayan salt, ground clove, and cinnamon to a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium boiling for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Store in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To mix the cocktail, add one large ice cube to a glass or fill with ice. Add 2 oz. of homemade syrup and a full can of Miraflora Infusions Peach Ginger. If you’re adding spirits, add 1.5 oz. now or make it a mocktail! Gently stir. Garnish with a tablespoon of whipped cream, grated chocolate, or cacao, if desired.
Home for the Holidays
This burst of nostalgia will take you right back to where you belong. This beautiful gastrique (a gourmet sweet and sour) will bring you the familiar feeling of being in the company of your loved ones, even if it’s just over Zoom.
1 c. fresh squeezed mandarin orange juice
2 c. fresh cranberries
½ c. balsamic vinegar
½ c. raw honey
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt to taste
Pinch of ground clove to taste
1 ½ c. water
1 can Miraflora Infusions Blood Orange, chilled
1.5 oz. of chilled champagne, prosecco, or cava or rosé sparkling wine
Optional garnish: Basil sprig
- To make the syrup, prepare your mandarin oranges by slicing them in half horizontally and squeezing the juice into a bowl. Remove seeds and set aside. Add orange juice, cranberries, balsamic vinegar, honey, Himalayan salt, and water to a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cranberries will split and reduce for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain liquid into a bowl using a sieve to catch all the cranberries. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Store in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To mix the cocktail, add the Miraflora Infusions Blood Orange then your syrup into the bottom of your glass. Stir gently with a spoon. Add your spirit of choice now or enjoy as a mocktail. Garnish with a sprig of basil and cranberries on a bamboo skewer or toothpick, if desired.
About Miraflora Naturals: We make some of best natural supplements the on the planet. What makes us so special? Alpaca Gold. We fertilize our hemp—grown on our organic farm outside of Boulder, Colorado—with nutrient-rich alpaca manure harvested from our farm’s alpaca herd (Merlin, Jackson Hole, and gang).